LOCATION OF RIDGE STUDENT AREA
Enter through South door (side of building across from Joe Gibson).
Turn right and go upstairs to enter the RIDGE Student Area.
At the RIDGE we want to give teenagers the opportunity to experience a real and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The RIDGE exists to REACH non-believing students, to INTEGRATE them with other Christians, to challenge them to DISCOVER their ministry while they GROW in their faith, & EXALT God with their life.
- Supports, encourages, and, if necessary, trains parents in their God-directed roles as spiritual leaders.
- Provides godly men and women who can play mentoring roles to students.
- “Lightly Scheduled” so as not conflict with family times.
- Does not promote fun, games, and programs over meaningful relationships, biblical instruction and worship.
- Welcomes parents as part of the ministry.
- Luby’s Cafeteria approach to ministry.Our purpose is to get students to walk as Christ followers while being in the world but not of the world. To accomplish that goal, it requires them to be involved in many activities outside the church walls. We recognize all students cannot be involved in every event; therefore, our ministry provides a “cafeteria” type of schedule from which students and parents can choose.
BASIC WEEKLY SCHEDULE
9:15am – Sunday School
Age and gender specific small groups Sunday School classes meet and share as an adult volunteer helps guide them through Scripture. The current curriculum for Middle School and High School is the LIVE CURRICULUM.
Breakdown of Small Group Sunday School Classes
- 7th & 8th Grade Ladies – Kristi Horne & Cori Bridges
- 7th & 8th Grade Guys – Dale Money & James Hall
- 9th & 10th Grade Ladies – Denyse Bench & Shannon Milton
- 9th & 10th Grade Guys – Dwight Horne & Zach Potts
- 11th & 12th Grade Ladies – Kathy Shirey & Cinda Boshart
- 11th & 12th Grade Guys – Justin Milton
10:30am – Worship
5pm – RIDGE Life Groups
We believe life change happens in the context of intentional relationships. RIDGE Life Groups create environments that provide the experiences and activities necessary to build those relationships. Our goal is to supply accountability, belonging, and caring as we “do life together” (share snacks, study Scripture, pray, do service projects, support each other in extra-curricular activities).
6pm – CrossTalk
A large group time when all students gather in the main Student Area for a time fellowship and relevant worship through music & a brief Bible study.